Beat the heat with icy cold falooda
Imprimer cette page Recipe type:
DessertNumber of serving: 3Preparation time:
15 Minute(s)Cook time:
1 tall glass cold Milk
1-2 ounces falooda sev or thin glass noodles
1 tspn rose extract(available in Ethnic groceries)
1 tspn of falooda seeds/takmaria seeds(available in Indian grocery stores)
RoohAfzah- 2 Tblspns
Pista or Plain Kulfi Ice cream(I used the Reena brand ice cream cups available at most Indian grocery stores
this is a must have or you can use Mango ice cream if you prefer)
1. Soak the Falooda seeds in water for at least an hour.
2. Boil the noodles in water for about 10 mins until soft. Drain and cook in a sugar and water for 5-10 mins. Add seeds and keep aside. If you can get *Roohafzah use that instead of the sugar, water and red color.
3. Add a little red coloring to the seeds and noodles mix, and allow it to cool.
4. Shake up the glass of cold milk along with the sugar, rose extract and red coloring. Mix well and cool.
5. When you are ready to serve the Falooda, take a pretty glass and add 2 Tblspn of seed/noodle mixture to the bottom.
6.Very gently pour the rose milk without shaking the noodles at the bottom
7. When the glass is fairly full, add a scoop of one of your favorite flavors of ice cream and top with a cherry. Enjoy this Exotic drink with the beautiful essence of rose.
*Roohafzah is a sweet syrup available in an Indian grocery store. It is bright red in a tall bottle and is basically a rose and other flavored syrup. This syrup may be added to milk or water for a drink in itself