I have been using my Mom's method for Idly podi. This time, I just went ahead with my own ingredients and measurements and prepared another variation for Idly Podi. I used the healthy ingredient Kollu (Horsegram) along with other dhals. Kollu is rich in fiber and it has lot of medicinal value. Read more about Horsegram health benefits here. I have already shared few recipes with kollu. You can Check Kollu Idly, Kollu Dosa and Sprouted Kollu Kurma.
1. Urad Dhal - 1/2 Cup
2. Channa Dhal - 1/4 Cup
3. Horsegram (Kollu) - 1/4 Cup
4. Curry Leaf - 8 (washed & dried)
5. Black Sesame Seeds - 1/2 tbs
6. White(washed) Sesame Seeds - 1/2 tbs
7. Asafoetida - 1 tsp
8. Red Chilly - 10 or adjust to your taste
9. Salt - Needed Qty
1. Dry roast all the ingredients separately. (Take care while dry roasting. Do it in medium flame)
2. Transfer to a small mixer container.
3. Add salt to the contents.
4. Coarsely powder the contents.
5. Serve with Idly and Dosa.
This goes to Simona's MLLA # 26, an event started bySusan