A delicious and healthy Korean side dish, Hobak Jun (or Jeon) is easy to prepare and goes well with almost every Korean meal. The zucchini is coated in a thin batter of flour and egg, sauteed on both sides, and served with soy sauce for dipping.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves 4 as a side dish
1 medium-large zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch coins
1/2 Cup Flour
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp salt
1-2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil (for saute pan)
1. Distribute 1 tsp salt over zucchini slices.
2. Add remaining 1 tsp salt to beaten egg.
3. Put flour and egg in separate shallow dishes next to stove.
4. Heat lightly greased saute pan to medium heat.
5. Coat zucchini coins first with flour, and then dip and coat with beaten egg and place into pan.
6. Saute zucchini for about 3-4 minutes per side, turning once, or until they are a light golden brown.
* You can serve with the basic or spicy dipping sauces or nothing at all.
Source: Hobak JunReport a mistake in the recipe text