Aloo, methi curry/ potato, fenugreek leaves curry
Imprimer cette page Recipe type:
OtherNumber of serving: 5Preparation time:
30 Minute(s)Cook time:
Fenugreek leaves are nature's gift to mankind. Fenu greek leaves are bitter in
taste. People have also recognized the leaves of the plant as a powerful herb.
If you want to boost cooking flavour, you may add fenugreek leaves to any kind
of cooking using dal, vegetable, rice or atta(chapathi flour). Fenugreek leaves
also have exceptional medicinal uses and can be used as a beauty aid as well.
Health benefits of Fenugreek leaves:
1. Fenugreek leaves are enriched with minerals like potassium, calcium, and Iron.
2. The leaves have good dietary fiber and are enriched with vitamin C. The vitamin K from fenugreek greens are comparable to spinach.
3.Lower serum cholesterol, triglyceride, and low-density lipoprptein.
4. Improving the milk secretion in lactating mothers.
5. Fenugreek leaves are cooling, mildly laxative, pungent, and aromatic.
6. Regular gargle using water soaked leaves will prevent or heal mouth ulcers.
It is a quick remedy for sore throat.
7. Protect againt cancer of the breast and colon.
8. Lowering type -1 and type-2 diabetes.
9. Consumption of fenugreek leaves restores excellent digestion abilities. You will
not get common digestive problems like digestive disorders and iron deficiency.
10.Anemic patients can consume fenugreek leaves regularly as they are a rich
source of iron.
11.Fenugreek leaves paste applied on palms and soles alleviates buring sensation.
12. A cup of fenugreek leaves decoction added to honey and a tbs. of
ginger powder clears the phlegm and cures cough.
13.Fenu greek leaves paste applied on swellings, sprains and burns heals them effectively.
14.Fenu greek leaf powder significantly increase the antoxidant system in diabeties.
Fenu greek leaves or Methi as a beauty aid:
1. Fresh fenugreek leaves paste and coconut milk applied over the scalp is
believed to prevent hair-loss, promote hair growth, preserve its natural color,
delay graying of hair and make it silky soft.
2. A paste of Fenugreek leaves mixed with vinegar is good for treating dandruff.
3. A pimple and blackhead prone skin when treated with the paste of fenu greek
leaves and turmeric, improves the skin tone.
4. Fenu greek leaves also has anti ageing properties. Make a paste of fenu greek
leaves and add boiled milk to it. Applying this to your face delays the appearance
of fine lines and face wrinkles. It not only improves the complexation but also
makes one look years younger.
5. Fenu greek leaves paste when applied on acne affected area every night
and washed away the following morning with warm water prevents fresh
breakouts of acne.
1 Bunch of Methi Leaves
2 Small Tomatoes
1 - 1&1/2 tbs garlic paste
1 Inch Ginger
1 tbs cumin seeds
chilli Powder to taste
1 tbs Dhaniya powder
1/2 tbs Garam Masala Powder
Salt to taste
2 tbs oil
1. Clean and wash the Methi leaves and Keep it aside.
2. Next take the potatoes and Cut it into cube size pieces and cook well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and fry.
4. Add chopped onion and fry till it will be turn into golden brown.
5. Add Ginger and garlic and stir well.
6. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric,salt. Mix well and cover to cook on medium heat up to 10 min.
7. Now chop the methi leaves and mix it into pan. Leave it up to 5 to 8 min..
8. Add Dhaniya powder, salt, chilli powder, garam masala and mix well.
9. Now add boiled and cubed potatoes and stir well. Cover to cook
on medium heat upto 10 min.
10. Aloo methi is ready to serve with hot roti/parata/chapathi/Rice.