Sophie's energetic & healthy breakfast bread
Imprimer cette page Recipe type:
OtherNumber of serving:
8 servingsPreparation time:
20 minutesCook time:
45 minutesReady in:
1 h, 5 mDifficulty:
Cooking Units Converter
240 gr of self raising flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
50 gr of rolled oats
300 ml of semi skimmed milk
60 gr of dried figs, the top ( the stem ) cut out, chopped into pieces
115 gr of raisins
1 organic egg, beaten
75 gr of raw sugar ( unrefined cane sugar )
3 tabelspoons of lavender honey ( I used this honey because I like its taste )
3 tablespoons of sliced almonds + 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds extra
1. Take a bowl & place the rolled oats in it. Add the 300 ml of the semi skimmed milk. Stir. Let the oats soak into the milk for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C for a normal oven. I use a fan oven so it is 162°C for me, for about 10 minutes.
3. Take your Kenwood or Kitchen Aid & take the fitting bowl. Put your K paddle in your Kenwood. Mix the flour with the baking powder. Now, sift the flour & the baking powder in your fitting bowl.
4. Add the soaked oats & the milk into the flour mix, with your speed on 2 or 3 until well mixed.
5. Add the dried fruits & mix well on speed 2, 3 or 4.
6. Add the sugar, cinnamon, honey, beaten egg & 3 tablespoons of the sliced almonds. Mix well on speed 2, 3 or 4 until it all is beautifully combined.
7. When it is all well combined, take your silicon bread tin & pour the mixture evenly in it. If you don't have a silicon bread tin, use a normal bread tin & grease with butter & line with baking paper. This is a 1 kg bread tin.
8. Take the 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds & scatter them evenly over the top of the bread.
9. Place on to a silpat , on a baking tray & place into the lower part of the oven. Bake the bread for about 45 minutes until risen, golden brown on top & cooked trough.
10. Test with a sewing pin, if the bread is ready. If so, carefully take it out of the oven & after 10 minutes or so, take it out of the silicon tin. Place it on a wire rack to cool down completely.
11. When completely cooled off, slice into slices & enjoy with a bit of jam, honey or fresh ricotta! It also is yummie toasted! Store in an airtight container.