Have you ever had this yummy salad at Red Robin? We can re-create it's....so simple. Description: Crisp greens topped with tomato, barbecued chicken, black beans, cheese, bacon, sliced avocado and crunchy French fried onion straws. Served with Ranch dressing. This recipe will serve one person.
You will need:
1/2 Chicken Breast, boneless and skinned
1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce (Bull's Eye or K.C. Masterpiece)
2 cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
2 cups Iceberg Lettuce or Mixed Salad Greens, chopped
1/2 cup Red Cabbage, chopped
1/4 cup Tomato, chopped
1/2 cup Refried Black Beans
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup French's Fried Onions
1/4 avocado slices (3 slices)
1/4 cup Ranch dressing
2 pc. Bacon, Crisped
1. Place chicken in a plastic re-sealable bag and add the barbecue sauce. Mix thoroughly and let sit to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. While the chicken is marinating, turn on the grill and bring to medium high heat.
3. After 20 minutes, place chicken on the grill. Continuously baste the chicken with the barbecue sauce, making sure to turn the chicken every couple of minutes. Cook the chicken until it is completely cooked through (white center, no pink).
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine lettuce and cabbage. Place this mixture on a serving plate and top with the chopped tomato.
5. In a small cooking pot, heat the refried beans on low heat, making sure to stir so they do not stick to the bottom of the pot. When warm, place the beans on one side of serving plate.
6. To the serving plate, add the shredded cheese then top with the chopped red onions and crisped bacon.
7. Garnish the salad with the avocado slices.
8. Slice the chicken and place on top of the salad.
9. Place the Ranch Dressing and barbecue Sauce in small dipping bowls and place on side of the serving plate.
10. Serve Immediately.
While you are here please subscribe
Thanks so much for Visiting
Get Off Your Butt and Bake!