Methi ( fenugreek leaves) thepla
Imprimer cette page Recipe type:
StarterNumber of serving: 4Preparation time:
15 Minute(s)Cook time:
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup Bajari flour
1/2 Jowar flour
1 table spoon oil
1 Cup Greek Yogurt ( can be replaced with plain yogurt)
1 tsp flax seed powder ( optional)
1 tsp chilli paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
pinch of asofetoeda
salt to taste
1. Shift three flour together and add flex seeds(optional) in it.
2. Add ginger, garlic, chilli paste. sesame seeds, tuermeric powder, red chillli powder,sugar, asofetoeda and salt.
3. Now add yogurt and start kneading the dough. If you find it hard then add little bit of water in it otherwise just kneed it with yogurt.
4. Roll thepla from the dough with the help of wheat flour for dusting.
5. Heat tava and place thepla on it. Let it cook on one side until you can see little bit of bubble or spot on it.
6. now turn the thepla and apply small amount of oil on cooked side and let it cook for half and minute.
7. Now turn one more time and cook the other side for about half a minute.
8. Serve hot with yogurt or pickle.
This is my way of making healthy thepla.
1. If you don't want to mix the flour then you can just use wheat flour. replace 1/2 -1/2 cups both the flour with wheat flour.
2. If you want to make it gluten free and don't want to use wheat flour at all then replace 1 cup of wheat flour with 1/2 cup bajari and 1/2 cup juwar flour.