Rice vada is a simple and spicy deep fried Indian rice dumpling recipe prepared with white rice, gram flour and spices. Rice vada tastes similar to aama vada, a popular south Indian snack. This recipe is adopted from a tv show All in all Alamelu a cooking show hosted by south Indian actor Nalini in Sun TV. Rice vada was delicious with tomato ketchup. No need to worry if you have some left over rice, make this spicy Rice vada at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Imprimer cette page Recipe type:
StarterNumber of serving: 4Preparation time:
10 Minute(s)Cook time:
White Rice 2 cups
Onion chopped 1 no big size
Green chillies chopped 1 no
Gram flour 2 tbsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Smash white rice a little with your hand.
2. Add chopped onion, green chillies, gram flour, chilli powder and salt. Mix well by sprinkling some water so the ingredients will bind.
3. Make small rounds and press it slightly to make into a small patti.
4. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai.
5. Deep fry the pattis in a slow fire till it is well cooked.
6. Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.