What a good way to start my day. Had a packet of nasi lemak for breakfast with a tall mug of coffee. Then off to hang the laundry to dry. Guess who should join me? Yeah, my dearest neighbour Kak Ana. I was done putting the clothes to dry when she came out of her house to hang her clothes. So in order to just keep her company and not to waste my time while doing so, I decided to sweep the porch. Done with that, I continued doing some gardening...after the plants were left to live at the mercy of nature for quite sometime! Hahaha...how cruel of me or of my fb? ME, I guess! Hihihi...
When I was busy trimming and digging, my sister called. I told her that I am doing some gardening and chatting with Kak Ana at the same time, she just mocked me and said,"Oooo baru nak teratur hidup. Baru kenal semula Kak Ana" Hahaha... Naughty naughty Mak Chu! I am not THAT carried away with facebook okay. I still do my chores, but yeah, I admit, only 80% of it... well... at least I did something! Hihihi...T.H.E M.E.N.U
Nasi lemak Kak Timah
Tried this recipe quite sometime back. Since it's quite simple to prepare and looks yummy in the photo, I decided to give it a go and I've made the right decision. Thank you to Majalah RASA, April 2008. Allow me to post the recipe here according to what I had done. The recipe in Bahasa Malaysia is the original version as printed in the magazine.TELUR BUNGKUS
Adapted from : Majalah RASA, April 2008Ingredients :
1 clove garlic - chopped
1/2 onion - sliced
1/2 tomato - diced
1/2 kg chicken minced
1 tablespoon chillie sauce
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoon sweet soya sauce
25g frozen mixed vegetable
2 tablespoons cornflour - mix with a bit of water
3 eggs - lightly beatenMethod :
1. Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add in garlic and sliced onion and fry till fragrant.
2. Add in tomato and stir till the tomato soften. Then add chicken. Stir till the chicken is half cooked.
3. Pour in the chillie sauce, tomato ketchup, oyster sauce, sweet soya sauce and water.
4. Let it boil then add in mixed vegetable. Let it simmer till the vegetable is cooked.
5. Pour in the cornflour mixture to thicken the gravy.
6. Remove from heat.
7. In a non-stick pan, add a bit of oil. Pour the lightly beaten egg to form a pancake.
8. Place the chicken in the middle and fold. Remove from heat and ready to serve.
Sumber : Majalah RASA, April 2008
BAHAN - BAHANNYA :
1/2 kg isi ayam
1 ulas bawang putih - dicincang
1/2 biji tomato - dicincang
1/2 biji bawang merah - dihiris
3 biji telur - dipukul
100 ml minyak masak
1 biji cili merah - dipotong
1 potong nenas - dihiris
25g sayur campur
1 sudu makan sos cili
1 sudu makan sos tomato
2 sudu makan sos Thai
2 sudu makan sos tiram
1 sudu makan gula
2 sudu makan kicap masin
2 sudu makan tepung jagung - dibancuh dengan air
KAEDAH PENYEDIAAN :
1. Panaskan sedikit minyak di dalam kuali. Tumis bawang putih dan bawang besar sehingga berbau harum. Kemudian masukkan isi ayam.
2. Masukkan sos cili, sos tomato, sos Thai dan sos tiram. Kacau rata.
3. Masukkan air, sayur campur, tomato dan nenas. Kacau rata.
4. Bila sudah mendidih, masukkan tepung jagung, kicap masin, perisakan dengan gula. Kacau dan angkat. Ketepikan.
5. Panaskan kuali dengan minyak. Tuangkan telur yang telah dipukul tadi dan buat seperti membuat penkek.
6. Letakkan inti di tengah dan lipatkan telur tadi menutupi inti ayam. Sedia untuk dihidangkan.