1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
2. Next, add in the milk, oil, vanilla extract, egg and mix well.
3. Pour mixture into mugs (at the halfway mark).
4. Microwave one mug at a time. Cook for 1 minute on medium heat. It will bubble and rise as it cooks, so make sure you provide ample room for that. Leave it for a few seconds, then microwave for another 30 seconds on medium again. The mixture will solidify, but still look a little molten. That is fine because it will continue cooking on residual heat. Overcook it and you get a chocolate rubber ball.
5. Allow to cool a little and start digging in. Of course, nothing is stopping you from embellishing your cake and eating it too!