- Alu subzi - raswala ( potatoes with a simple gravy )
Alu subzi - raswala ( potatoes with a simple gravy )
Main DishNumber of serving:
4 servingsPreparation time:
15 minutesCook time:
15 minutesReady in:
- 3, peeled & chopped into, say, 1 inch cubes
- 2, medium chopped, finely
- 3, medium, finely chopped
- green chillies - 2, cut into 2
- 1/2 teaspoon
- chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger-garlic paste - 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon
- dhania-jeera powder - 1/2 teaspoon or garam masala powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- salt to taste
- chopped coriander - 2 tablespoons
For the tadka :
- mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- jeera - 1/2 teaspoonj
- oil - 2- 3 tablespoons
Step 1: Heat the oil in the cooker. Add the mustard, let it splutter & then add the jeera.
Step 2: Add the chopped onions & green chillies. Stir & fry for a few minutes until; the edges of the onions start turning golden.
Step 3: Add the tomatoes & cook again for a 2-3 minutes, stirring now & then.
Step 4: Now add the potatoes, salt, turmeric, chilli powder,the masala, if you are using them & 1 1/2- 2 cups of water & close the cooker. Pressure cook until 3 whistles come & switch off the gas.
Step 5: After the cooker releases, open the lid & cook again for a few minutes. Mash some of the potato pieces & continue cooking for a couple of more minutes, until the gravy thickens just a bit.
Step 6: Top with chopped coriander & serve piping hot with chawal & rotis.
Swedish potatoes - Video recipe !