My friend Gerda makes the best Servietten Knoedels and was kind enough to allow me to take some photos and share her recipe.
8 Sourdough Med size Rolls
1/2 butter stick
1 bunch Parsley chopped
salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat oven to 200F
2. Cut rolls into small chunks and place on a baking sheet
3. Place in oven for about 30 min so that the rolls dry out, then place in a bowl to cool
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add salt and pepper and the milk and heat all this on the stove until the butter is melted
5. Pour this liquid over the rolls, mix and cover bowl with a clean dish towel and let sit for an hour. At this point the dried bread is supposed to soak up the liquid and become mushy
6. Take your clean dish towel and place it on a flat surface.
7. Place the bread mix on it and shape it into a loaf
8. Roll the towel around the loaf and tie both ends with string.
9. In a large pot add water and place the rolled up roll inside
10. Cook for 1 hour on medium heat.
11. Take dumpling roll out of the water, remove the dish towel and place the entire dumpling in a serving dish.
12. At this point you can slice it just like bread to make serving easier.
Bon Appétit and Thank you for Visiting!
Thank you for subscribing to Sur La Table Cuisine.