Since my previous successful attempt with Pandan Chiffon Cake, I was tempted to bake another chiffon cake. I also wanted to use up my coconut milk from that bake too! So I decided on an easier recipe.
That will be Coconut Chiffon Cake
, from Kevin Chai's "Chiffon is Done" again! As it turned out, the chiffon was light, and has a crunchy bite because of the desiccated coconut. Hope you like this as much as I did!
Recipe for Coconut Chiffon Cake, modified from "Chiffon is Done".
Egg Yolk Batter
3 Egg yolks
30g Cooking oil
75g Coconut milk
25g Toasted desiccated coconut
10g Caster Sugar
75g Self-raising flour
Egg White Batter
3 Egg whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
40g Caster SugarMethod:
1. To make egg yolk batter, combine egg yolks, cooking oil, coconut milk, desiccated coconut and sugar in a mixing bowl. Fold in the flour.
2. To make egg white foam, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks.
3. Gradually add in sugar, beating at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold beaten egg white foam into egg yolk batter until blended.
5. Pour batter into a 7" tube pan. Bake in preheat oven at 170C for 35mins or until cooked.
6. Remove from oven and invert the whole cake until completed cooled.
Report a mistake in the recipe text