1. Boil azuki beans in water until tender - will take about 45 min. to an hour.
2. Prepare coconut agar-agar & mango agar-agar at close intervals:
3. Simmer ingredients for coconut agar-agar in a pot for about 5 min.
4. Simmer ingredients for mango agar-agar in a separate pot for about 5 min.
5. Spoon in boiled azuki beans into mould. Pour prepared coconut agar-agar into mould and let it set briefly in the fridge - don't let it set all the way (maybe about 3/4 of the way through). Now pour the hot mango agar-agar over this first layer - this ensures that the mango agar-agar layer gels onto the coconut agar-agar and doesn't fall apart when cooled completely.
6. Let the whole thing set for about two hours before unmoulding.
Yum YumPosted the 22/08/2013, 12:20i cooked this recipe
VERYGOODPosted the 24/03/2012, 08:18
Sounds wonderful, but looks messy. Problem is, I don't understand the measurements- 60 ml, 100 gm. 400 ml, what does that mean? What is a pandan leaf and how do you knot it? what exactly does agar-agar mean? And what is a azuki bean? Where can I get some?California JohnPosted the 04/05/2010, 17:43