Naan- indian bread easily made at home
Imprimer cette page Recipe type:
Main DishNumber of serving: 3Preparation time:
30 Minute(s)Cook time:
All purpose flour 3 cups (enough for 8 medium sized Naans)
Yeast 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Warm water 1/4 glass
Curd 1 tbsp
Vegetable Oil 2 tbsp
Baking powder a pinch (Optional)
1. Into the warm water, add yeast, sugar and keep it aside for 5 mnts.
2. Mix together maida,salt,baking powder,1 tbsp oil,curd and the kept aside warm water-yeast mix. Knead well to a fine dough a little looser than the chapathi dough that we make. once done, pour 1 tbsp oil on top of the dough and just roll the whole dough in your hand.
3. Keep aside for 3-4 hours. The dough will rise to double the size.
4. Flatten it like chappathi on the chappathi roller with a bit more all purpose flour patted on both the sides. Do not flatten too much, it must not be too thin or thick.
5. Heat thava and keep it in high flame and cook it well.
6. Serve hot with a cube of butter on top.
By Neenu Praveen