These boat tarts are a great give-away idea for the holidays. You may wrap them individually or arrange them in a box.
For the crust, you will need:
For the filling, you will need:
Make the crust:
1) In an electric mixer fitted with a flat beater, cream butter and cream cheese together until blended. Pour in the flour and beat at low speed until a slid dough is formed. Divide into 48 equal portions or weigh 15 grams per portion.
2) Press the crust against the bottom and sides of a boat tart molder. Prick the crust bottoms 3 times with a fork. Arrange molders in a jellyroll pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the surface feels fairly dry.
3) Allow crusts to cool briefly then unmold each piece carefully. Arrange the partially baked crusts in a jellyroll pan lined with a sheet of baking paper. Fill with the prepared filling.
Make the filling:
In a thick sauce pan, combine condensed milk, yolks, mango jam, and flour. Place over low heat and cook until thick, mixing with a heat-resistant spatula from time to time. Remove from heat and add butter.
Make the tarts:
1) Divide the filling equally among the pre-baked tart shells. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until set.
2) Allow to cool completely before wrapping individually in food grade cellophane.