Wanted to send an entry for the BBD#36- Corny Breads at girlichef started by Zorra of Kochtopf. I searched the web for recipes using corn flour and saw this recipe here. It looked so cute. So I tried it. The taste was very nice. It had a crispy crust and soft interior. We enjoyed these mini rolls.
Flour-1 ¼-1 ½ cups
1. Heat milk. When tiny bubbles appear on the surface remove from heat. This is scalding.
2. Pour this scalded milk on sugar and salt in a bowl.
3. When milk becomes warm, add ¾ cup flour and yeast.
4. Mix vigorously and cover it with wrap.
5. Let it rise to double in volume.
6. Add melted butter, butter milk and corn flour and mix well.
7. Sprinkle flour on the counter, pour the dough on it.
8. Sprinkle some more flour and knead the dough.
9. You may not be using the entire flour. Just sprinkle and knead.
10. When the dough becomes soft and not sticky, stop adding flour.
11. Knead it for 10 minutes.
12. Grease a bowl. Place the dough inside the bowl and rotate to coat the dough with oil.
13. Cover with wrap and let it rise for 1 hour.
14. Preheat oven to 180C.
15. Divide dough into 16 equal parts.
16. Roll each into a mini round ball and arrange on a greased tray.
17. Apply a coating of milk.
18. Cover with a damp cloth and let it double.
19. With a scissors do some decorations on the rolls.
20. Apply another coating of milk.
21. Bake till the top is golden brown.
22. Cool on wire rack.
23. Enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Report a mistake in the recipe text