Recipe type: Other Number of serving: 4 servings Preparation time: 30 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Ready in: 35 minutes Difficulty: Very Easy Print this page
1/2 cup roasted shelled peanuts 3 cup boiled and mashed potatoes 1/2 cup pomegranate 1/2 cup sev bhujiya (http://mycookingdiarys.blogspot.com/2011/04/sev-bhujiya-or-besan-sev.html) 1/2 cup chopped onion Salt to taste Bans Butter as needed 1 tablespoon oil
For Chutney: 10 to 15 cloves garlic 2 tablespoon red chili powder or your taste 4 to 5 pieces dates (soak in hot water about 5 to 10 minutes) 4 tablespoon tamarind paste 2 tablespoon jaggery 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder Salt to taste Water as needed
Mix all ingredients add in a mixer and make it into a fine thick paste.
For Dabeli powder (masala): 1/4 cup coriander seeds 3 dry red chilies 2 cinnamon stick 4 to 5 cloves 1 tablespoon sesame seeds 1/4 cup cumin seeds 1 tablespoon oil Heat the oil in small pan and roast all ingredients. Grind to a fine powder in blender.
Method: · In frying pan heat the oil. Add mashed potatoes and salt.
· Than add 2 tablespoon of Dabeli masala powder and 2 tablespoon chutney. Turn off the heat and mix well.
· Now add coriander half peanut and pomegranate and mix well.
· Add water in chutney and make smooth thin paste.
· Split a bun in half and spoon of chutneys in it first, then put about 2 to 3 tablespoon of potato filling on top.
· Add some more peanuts pomegranate onion and sev if you wish.
· Top again with chutney and close with the top part of the bun.
· Serve Dabeli or Butter the bun on both sides and brown it nicely on a flat pan than serve.
Note: You can increase or decrease the quantity of Dabeli powder and chutney according to your taste.