Today I baked this delicious pound cake because I didn't have anything else to do. Yah....I have so much sweets already at home and I just made an addition by making 1 more for our sweet tooth. I first thought of baking a Lemon Pound Cake but since didn't have any lemons at home and just the extract, I decided to do some alterations and make use of fresh strawberries. Since strawberries and chocolate have always been each other's companion, I decided to add some white chocolate chips to keep strawberries company and ofcourse to satisfy the chocolate craving ..LOL.
Cake turned out super-moist and delicious. We enjoyed the cake with tea in the evening. Fresh strawberries are definitely more flavorful than frozen ones and tastes so much better.
Recipe partially adapted from Joy of Baking. (Click here for printable version)
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter (softened, at room temperature)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed for about 1 minute. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating lightly in between. Whisk in the vanilla and lemon extracts.
5. Blend in the flour mixture and milk alternately in 3 additions, ending with flour.
6. Add the chopped strawberries, white chocolate chips and mix gently, do not over mix.
7. Grease and flour the loaf pan and pour the prepared mixture into the pan.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, invert on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Slice and Enjoy! ......Did u just say ...."Yummy"?? :)
Also, Spring Giveaway event is still going on until 30th March 2011.....Rush in your entries!