½ cup red hot chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 cup fenugreek (methi )seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon hing.
¼ cup salt
2 tablespoons olive oil (can use sunflower or groundnut)
2 red dried chillies
1. Dry Roast fenugreek seeds in a frying pan and dry grind them coarsely and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and add the mustard seeds, red chillies and hing . Keep aside to cool slightly.(I f you add hot oil to chilli powder it will burn it and discolour)
3. To the ground fenugreek add the chilli powder and salt and turmeric mix well.
4. Add the warmed oil to the fenugreek mixture and mix well. Leave to cool.
5. Transfer the achar masala to sterelised jar and use as required.(Achar masala should be dry and crumbly extra oil is added as required when making the pickle)
This Achar masala can be used to pickle mangoes, carrots, tindora, green beans .
3 small mangoes or 1 large
2 tablespoons achar masala
2 tablespoon olive oil
1.Wash and cut the mango ,remove stone and dice into small cubes.
2. Put the diced mango in a bowl and add the achar masala and oil. Mix well.
3. Tranfer to jar and use as required
An ideal accompaniment to puris ,theplas and parathas.
Cooking with seeds fenugreek event.
Organised by Priya'e easy N tasty recipes and hosted by Denu foods