This ice cream is very healthy as it contains fruits, vegetable, nuts and oats. When your kids ask you for ice cream at the breakfast table, you don't have to say "No". You can give them this healthy and yummy home made ice cream. Even you can have it for breakfast during this hot summer.
1. Mixed Fruits - 1.5 Cups (I used Mango, Apple, Avocado, Banana, Pear, Plum and Jack fruit)
2. Carrot - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
3. Beetroot - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
4. Oats - 1/2 Cup (I used quaker quick oats)
5. Fresh Coconut Milk - 3/4 Cup
6. Orange Juice - 1/4 Cup
7. Honey - 1 tbs (You can add more)
8. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1 tsp
9. Almond - 5 (Soaked till soft)
10. Mixed Nuts - For Garnishing
1. Cook Carrot and Beetroot with enough water.
2. Take all the ingredients including cooked carrot and beetroot in a blender.
3. Blend till smooth.
4. Freeze for 3 hours or till it freezes completely.
5. Blend it once again till smooth.
6. Again freeze it for another 1 hour. Then blend till smooth.
7. Repeat step 6 for few more times.
8. Before you serve, keep the frozen ice cream out for atleast 15 minutes or till it get softened.
8. Garnish with almonds, cashew or other nuts and fruits.
This goes to Yasmeen's "I Scream for Ice Cream".