Homemade potato fries is a simple and popular starter recipe prepared with fresh potato sliced using french fries slicer, coated with a spicy flour and deep fried. Coated potato slices are refridgerated to avoid the separation of the flour while deep frying. Potato fries is served in most of the restaurants, food chains like Mcdonalds, Burger king, KFC, etc as fries or French fries. For best taste select potatoes grown in hill stations like kodaikanal, ooty which gives best and perfect colour for the fries.
Imprimer cette page Recipe type:
StarterNumber of serving: 4Preparation time:
20 Minute(s)Cook time:
Potato 500 gm
Maida/All purpose flour 100 gm
Black pepper powder 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Peel potatoes and slice it using french fries cutter.
2. Soak potato slices in salted water for atleast 30 minutes.
3. Mix maida, black pepper powder and salt well.
4. Drain water and coat potato slices with the mixed spicy flour.
5. Refridgerate the coated potato slices for atleast 2 hours.
6. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Deep fry the refridgerated potato slices in a slow fire till golden brown.
7. Transfer the fried potato fries to absorbent paper to remove oil from the fries.
8. Serve hot with ketchup.
Note: Season with garam masala, chilli powder and salt mixture for more spicy.