Step 1 Steps:
1. mix in sugar and egg in ingredient B, add corn oil, stir well.
2. whisk ingredient A until stiff peak.
3. add 1/3 of the egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, add in sifted C in 3 batches, alternate with milk.
4. fold in the rest of the egg white into the egg yolk mixture.
5. Pour the batter into 6 inch mould, bake at 180 for 30 mins.
6. Remove the cake from oven and turn upside down immediately to prevent the cake from sinking.
7. when the cake is cool, cut into 3 pieces.
Step 2 Steps:
1. Place sugar, salt, flour and gelatin powder together in a bowl, add in liquid and cook with low heat until it turned thicken and bubbles.
2. Pour in 1/4 of the pandan kaya paste into the mould, place a piece of cake sponge in the middle, add in 2nd layer of pandan kaya paste, place 2nd piece of cake sponge in the middle. Add in 3rd layer of pandan kaya paste, place 3rd piece of cake sponge in the middle, and pour in the last layer of pandan kaya paste. (It has to be done while the paste is still hot or else the cake sponge will not hold together with the paste)
3. Keep the cake in fridge for at least 3 hours before dislodge, decorate with grated coconut.