Delicious and healthy paratha made from a blend of healthy flours.
3 tablespoons Koracan Flour (Ragi flour /finger millet)
3 tablespoons Whole wheat flour (Chappati flour)
2 tablespoons Chick pea flour (besan)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 green chillies finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped fenugreek
1 tablespoon sunflower oil for dough
4 tablespoons sunflower oil for cooking the parthas
1/2 cup water for making dough
1. Mix all the flours, turmeric, salt, chillies, fenugreek and 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Add water a little at a time and make a dough, cover and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 8 parts and roll a paratha approx 5mm thick and 6 inches in diameter out of each ball.
4. Heat a shallow pan and when it is hot place the rolled paratha on it, after 30 seconds flip the partha and spead a little oil on it, flip it gain and let the oiled underside cook.
5. Spread a little more oil on top side and flip to cook it.
6.Paratha is ready when brown spots appear on it.
7. Remove from pan and repeat for rest of dough.
Serve with curry and some yoghurt raita.
You may like:
Bajra na rotla (Millet rotis)
Event by Sameena of My Culinary Creations- Ragi Event.
Ragi for breakfast event by Sanjeetha of Lite Bites hosted by Whats cooking .
Cooking with Herbs and flowers Fenugreek- event by P.J hosted by Whats cooking.