- Butternut squash and roasted pepita spring rolls with thai peanut sauce
Butternut squash and roasted pepita spring rolls with thai peanut sauce
Main DishNumber of serving:
2 servingsPreparation time:
17 minutesCook time:
20 minutesReady in:
- 1 Small/medium butternut
- 1 handful fresh spearmint leaves
- about 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
Thai Peanut Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon coconut
oil (or whatever oil you have)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- about 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- Cayenne to taste
- Soy sauce 1/4 cup (or less)
- Coconut milk 1/4 cup
Cut the butternut squash into small squares (about 1/4 inch pieces)Put them in a baking pan with oil, salt pepper and garlic powder.
Bake @375 until soft. While your squash is baking you can make your sauce. Heat pan and then add oil.
Saute the garlic and ginger first, then add the peanut butter and cayenne. You will need to stir it in so it melts.
Then add the coconut milk and soy sauce. If it becomes to salty, add more coconut milk. Play with the ingredients until you have the taste you want.
That's the beauty of cooking... its flexible. Let your taste buds and intuition guide you.
When squash is done baking you're ready to make your spring rolls. Just soak your rice papers until soft and then layer quinoa, squash, mint leaves and pepitas.
Roll em up and now is the moment you've been waiting for.