This banana cake is even better than the first version. You can use the regular banana and still tastes great!
1 1/2 cup tapioca starch
1 cup rice flour
2 cups water
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
yellow food color
1. Mix the starch and flour with water, sugar, salt, and yellow coloring.
2. Slice the ripe bananas into about 1/2 inch. Make sure not too thin. Stir the bananas into the flour mixture.
3. Heat a pot of water for steaming. Oil pan and steam the pan for a couple minutes. Now stir the banana mixture and pour into the pan. Pour about 1 inch high. Cover and steam for 5-10 minutes until the top is harden to pour in another layer. Repeat until all banana mixture is gone.
4. After finishing all the layers then steam for at least 40 minutes. Remove any extra water on top of cake. (Remember to add more water to the pot!!) Let the cake cool before cutting.
5. Serve with coconut milk, roasted peanuts and sesame.Coconut Dip:
1 can 560 ml coconut cream
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp cornstarch
4 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1. Mix everything together and stir constantly over heat. Once the coconut milk become thicken then it's done. Remember to taste and see if you need more sugar.To serve:
1. Slice the cake side way so it have the diamond shape. Pour coconut milk over and sprinkle some roasted sesame and peanuts. Sesame can be roasted in mini oven on 350F until golden. Same with peanuts. Enjoy!!!