- Vegetables recipes
- Lontong sayur - indonesian cooked vegetables in coconut milk with rice cake
Lontong sayur - indonesian cooked vegetables in coconut milk with rice cake
A delicious Indonesian recipe.
Main DishNumber of serving:
4 servingsPreparation time:
10 minutesCook time:
15 minutesReady in:
- 500 g bamboo shoot strips
- 10 petai, sliced
- 250 g shrimps
- 1 tofus, cut each into 20 smaller pieces
- 1 block tempe, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 2 lemongrass, bruised
- 3 cm galangal, bruised
- 2 Indonesian bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground dried shrimp (Indonesian: ebi)
- 2 pkgs cream coconut powder
- 1.5 L homemade shrimp
- lontongs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- oil to stir fry
Spices to grind into a paste
- 6 shallots
- 3 cloves
- 3 red chillies
- 3 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp paste (Indonesian: terasi, Malay: belachan), roasted
In a pot, combine water, 1 tablespoon sugar and bamboo shoots, cook until boiling, and drain. Deep fry or bake tempe and tofu until done.
Combine shrimp stock and 1 package of coconut cream powder; stir occasionally. Bring to a boil and set aside.
Cooking : Stir fry spices paste/ground ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, add salam leaves, galangals, and lemongrasses, cook for another 1 minutes until fragrant.
Add stink beans, bamboo shoot, tempe, tofu and another package of coconut cream powder, stir until mixed.
Add shrimp stock and shrimp, stir and boil for another 5-10 minutes or until the shrimps are done.
Serve with lontong, sambal and kerupuks (any kind of kerupuks, either tapioca or shrimp ones).