- Lontong sayur pepaya muda udang - green pepaya and shrimp in spiced coconut milk
Lontong sayur pepaya muda udang - green pepaya and shrimp in spiced coconut milk
Main DishNumber of serving:
5 servingsPreparation time:
19 minutesCook time:
20 minutesReady in:
- 500 g green pepaya, peeled and julienned
- 300 g medium size shrimps
- 2 lemongrass, bruised
- 3 cm galangal, bruised
- 2 Indonesian bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground dried shrimp (Indonesian: ebi)
- 2 pkgs cream coconut powder
- 1.5 L homemade shrimp stock
- oil to stir fry
Spices to grind into a paste
- 6 shallots
- 3 cloves
- 3 red chillies
- 3 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp paste (Indonesian: terasi, Malay: belachan), roasted
Homemade shrimp stock can be made ahead from shrimp heads and skins. Combine shrimp stock and 1 package of coconut cream powder; stir occasionally. Bring to a boil and set aside.
Stir fry spices paste/ground ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, add salam leaves, galangals, and lemongrasses, cook for another 1 minutes until fragrant.
Add julienned pepayas another package of coconut cream powder, stir until mixed.
Add shrimp stock and shrimp, stir and boil for another 10 minutes or until the shrimps are done.
Serve with lontong, sambal and kerupuks (any kind of kerupuks, either tapioca or shrimp ones).