- Lontong sayur pepaya muda udang - green pepaya and shrimp in spiced coconut milk
Lontong sayur pepaya muda udang - green pepaya and shrimp in spiced coconut milk
Main DishNumber of serving:
5 servingsPreparation time:
19 minutesCook time:
20 minutesReady in:
- 500 g green pepaya, peeled and julienned
- 300 g medium size shrimps
- 2 lemongrass, bruised
- 3 cm galangal, bruised
- 2 Indonesian bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground dried shrimp (Indonesian: ebi)
- 2 pkgs cream coconut powder
- 1.5 L homemade shrimp stock
- oil to stir fry
Spices to grind into a paste
- 6 shallots
- 3 cloves
- 3 red chillies
- 3 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp paste (Indonesian: terasi, Malay: belachan), roasted
Step 1: Homemade shrimp stock can be made ahead from shrimp heads and skins. Combine shrimp stock and 1 package of coconut cream powder; stir occasionally. Bring to a boil and set aside.
Step 2: Stir fry spices paste/ground ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, add salam leaves, galangals, and lemongrasses, cook for another 1 minutes until fragrant.
Step 3: Add julienned pepayas another package of coconut cream powder, stir until mixed.
Step 4: Add shrimp stock and shrimp, stir and boil for another 10 minutes or until the shrimps are done.
Step 5: Serve with lontong, sambal and kerupuks (any kind of kerupuks, either tapioca or shrimp ones).
Chicken curry with coconut milk - Video recipe !