Ceylon chicken curry is a mildly spiced curry recipe from srilankan cuisine. Ceylon chicken curry is prepared with tender chicken cooked in an onion and coconut milk based curry. Coconut milk and spices gives you a good aroma and taste. Ceylon chicken curry is served in most of the restaurants serving Srilankan food and some south Indian restaurants serve this chicken curry.
Recipe type: Main Dish Number of serving: 6 servings Preparation time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Ready in: 35 minutes Difficulty: Easy
Chicken 1 kg Onions 2 no Green chillies 4 no Ginger garlic paste 3 tsp Chilli powder 1 tsp Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp Coriander powder 2 tbsp Curry leaves 1 sprig Lemon juice of 1 no Coconut 3/4 no Oil 2 tbsp Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut chicken into medium size pieces. Add chilli powder and salt, mix well and keep aside for atleast 45 minutes.
2. Grind coconut and make two extractions of coconut milk.Chop onions and slit green chillies.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel.Add onions, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, coiriander powder and turmeric powder. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes in a medium fire.
4. Add chicken and fry well in a medium fire for few minutes.
5. Add 2nd extraction coconut milk and cook in slow fire till chicken is tender.
6. Add thick coconut milk, salt and lemon juice. Cook for another 5 minutes in slow fire.
7. Serve hot with white rice, biryani, parotta, etc.