Cuban picadillo sandwich (cuban sloppy joes)
Print this page Recipe type:
Main DishNumber of serving:
2 servingsPreparation time:
10 minutesCook time:
15 minutesReady in:
Very EasyPrint this page
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
Step 1: Cook onion, garlic, and pork in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
Step 2: Drain and return mixture to pan. Stir in raisins and next 5 ingredients (through tomatoes).
Step 3: Reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in olives.
Step 4: Spread about 2/3 cup picadillo mixture on bottom half of each bun; cover with top half of bun.