Win Wonderful Coconut Oil At A Moderate Life!
A number of years ago, as most of you know, I was a raw vegan and one of the things that I took with me from that experience was the use of virgin coconut oil. Coconut oil is a delicious, light, versatile oil that you can use in a number of ways, from cooking, baking, skincare and even hair care, coconut oil is a wonderful to have in your home.
I add coconut oil to my Green Monstah Smoothies, use it to give a light nutty flavor to my Sloppy Joes, use it as an intensive facial moisturizer, especially for under eye and lip use, and even apply it to my hair before shampooing for a deep, lusterous conditioning treatment. You can also check out many other tried and true coconut recipes on the coconut recipe blog!
I was so excited to be able to sample Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut oil this week. When it came, I quickly opened it and just happened to have two other brands of coconut oil in the house. Tropical traditions was smoother, creamier and had a much milder nutty, coconut flavor. What I also loved was that the scent was subtle and not overpowering and the flavor was not sweet like many other brands. It melted very well under the fingertips and did not stay grainy, which many coconut oils tend to do. Note that coconut oil is generally solid at room temperature and it is a great source of saturated fat and medium chain triglycerides. You can look up the benefits of coconut oil on the web, and many of you know that Sally Fallon of the Weston Price Foundation is a big proponent of coconut oil.
I am also excited to let you know that if you choose to order from Tropical Traditions, and click on the referred by a friend tab when placing your order and you enter this number: 6427674
you will receive a free copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours which is filled with useful information about virgin coconut oil.
Win a full Quart of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil!
If you are interested in trying out some amazing coconut oil, why not enter my giveaway?? One lucky reader who enters will receive a full quart of Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil.
The giveaway starts NOW and runs through Monday December 6th at 11:59pm. The winner will be chosen from available entries by Random.org and announced on the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop on Tuesday December 7th, 2010. Please note this contest runs for two weeks to allow folks who are away for the holiday to enter, so please be patient!
There are TEN possible ways to receive an entry! To enter you must do number one on the following list and then any number of the others up to ten possible entries. For each entry, you must post a separate comment. If you are new to this site, please fill in your email address and web address on the comments form so I can contact you if you win! If I do not hear back from the winner in 48 hours to claim their prize, a new winner will be selected. No purchase is necessary to enter this giveaway, but entries must come from the United States and Canada, and if the winner is Canadian, they are responsible for any duty charged to receive the prize through customs. Sorry for any inconvenience.
How to Enter the Giveaway
1. You must go to the Tropical Traditions website and sign up for their newsletter, which is delivered via email and contains wonderful coconut product news and terrific moneysaving offers.
***NOTE that you must post a SEPARATE comment to tell me about EVERY entry you do in order to increase your chances of winning.
2. Sign up for my A Moderate Life email updates or RSS feed. Leave a comment below telling me that you signed up. You will also get an entry if you already subscribe ? make sure to comment!
3. If you link a recipe to the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop (formerly known as the Two for Tuesday Recipe Blog Hop), you get an extra entry! Just be sure to tell me in the comments that you linked up.
4. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Please be sure to include the URL to this page in your tweet. (You could also hit the ?retweet? button above.) Comment below telling me that you followed and tweeted.
5. If you also would ?like? A Moderate Life on Facebook and post about the giveaway on your Facebook status I would really appreciate it, but due to the new FB rules, I can no longer give an extra entry commenting about the giveaway, only for becoming a fan of the page or “liking” it. THANK YOU!
6. Blog about the giveaway and link back to this page on your blog. Comment below with the link.
7. Email 5 friends about the giveaway, with a link to the page. Comment below telling me that you did.
8. Stumble this post and comment telling me that you did.
9. Submit this post to Reddit under the Food Reddit and comment telling me that you did.
10. Follow A Moderate Life on NetworkedBlogs on Facebook and comment telling me that you did.
That is ten different ways to enter this great giveaway. You can do one or all of them, but remember to leave a separate comment for each entry so you increase your chances of winning!
This contest is open to readers anywhere in the U.S. & Canada, and will end in 14 days, on December 6, 2010 at 11:59 PM Eastern. The winner will be chosen via random.org and announced here on the Hearth and Soul Hop, right here on December 7th, 2010. This article is a part of Giveaway Linky Friday, Monday Mania, Vegetarian Foodie Friday, Fight Back Friday, Homemaker Monday, Giveaways Galore, My Meatless Mondays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Dr. Laura’s Tasty Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday Night Supper Club, Tuesdays at the Table, BBB Tasty Tuesday Parade of Food, Tuesday Twister and Motivation Mondays.
Good Luck Readers!
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this
product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor
was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway
in return for the free product.