1 Onion, thickly sliced
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 Garlic cloves, peeled and slied
100g Salami, sliced
8 Pork sausages, 454g
400g tin Green lentils, drained and rinsed
2 Bay leaves
1. Moderately heat oil in casserole dish and cook onion gently until soft.
2. Heat frying pan on another hob.
3. Add garlic and stir for a minute.
4. Add salami and cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Brown sausages in frying pan.
6. Add passatta, drained lentils, and 500ml water to casserole dish and bring to boil,stirring gently.
7. Add browned sausages to casserole dish. Add bay leaves.
8. Cover the dish with its lid and simmer for 30-40min until the lentils are soft.