- Ayam goreng kuning - indonesian yellow fried chicken
Ayam goreng kuning - indonesian yellow fried chicken
Main DishNumber of serving:
4 servingsPreparation time:
15 minutesCook time:
35 minutesReady in:
- 1 whole chicken
, cut into 4 or 6 pieces
- 2 pieces of lemongrass, take only the white part, and crush it.
- 2 salam leaves (Indonesian bay leaves)
- 1 cup of water
- oil for deep frying
- 8 cloves
- 5 candlenuts
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 inches (5 cm) long fresh turmeric
(1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder), roasted and peeled
- 3 inches (7-8 cm) long galangal
- 2 inches (5 cm) long ginger
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
Grind all the ground spices into a paste. Rub and marinate chicken pieces with the spice paste for about 1-2 hours.
In a pot, at medium heat, add marinated chicken pieces along with the paste, salt, lemon grass, salam leaves and water; bring to a boil.
Cover the pot with the lid, turn the heat to low and continue cooking until all the water has evaporated .
Remove from stove and let it cool. At medium-high heat, add oil in to a wok. Deep fry the cooked chicken until golden yellow.
Remove from the wok and pat dry them with a kitchen towel or paper towel to absorb the oil excess.